Improved Approach for Meshing Complex CAD Geometries and Optimization
Dates and Locations
Feb. 5, 2014: Long Beach Marriott, 4700 Airport Plaza Dr, Long Beach, CA 90815 (Add to Calendar)
Feb. 7, 2014: Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, 46100 Landing Pkwy, Fremont, CA 94538 (Add to Calendar)
Thank you for your interest in our workshop! This event runs from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM with lunch provided by CD-adapco.
This event will show attendees, firsthand, the benefits of taking CAD directly into CFD simulation without laborious, manual CAD repair. Presenters will cover the latest surface wrapping and meshing technologies that eliminate manual repair from the CFD process. This assures a faster route from CAD to flow simulation.
Topics Covered Include:
- Complex Geometry Handling
- Surface Wrapping Technology
- Advanced Meshing Technology (meshing thin structures, robust boundary layers)
- Parts-Based Meshing Operations (for rapid design changes)
- Mesh Motion Techniques (Morphing, Overset Mesh, 6-DOF)
- Design Optimization and Exploration with HEEDS
- Token-based Licensing System (run jobs concurrently and maximize hardware resources)
The day will end with a presentation and hands-on session on how to integrate all your development tools (from Excel to FEA/CFD) to achieve optimal designs more efficiently and with less product risk.
Hands-on session will use HEEDS to cover:
- Design exploration and optimization methodologies
- Overview on seamlessly connecting your CAE and development tools
- A flow/thermal optimization project leveraging HEEDS and STAR-CCM+
|8:30 AM - 9:00 AM||Registration and Coffee|
|9:00 AM - 9:15 AM||Welcome and Introductions|
|9:15 AM - 10:15 AM||Demonstration: Surface repair using an aircraft model|
|10:15 AM - 10:30 AM||Break|
|10:30 AM - 11:15 AM||Advanced meshing presentation|
|11:15 AM - 12:00 PM||Parameter Sweeps using Optimate: AoA and Slip angle sweep on aircraft used earlier|
|12:00 PM - 1:00 PM||Lunch (provided by CD-adapco)|
|1:00 PM - 1:45 PM||Introduction to Optimate with case studies|
|1:45 PM - 2:30 PM||Hands On: Parametrization of a heat sink for design exploration|
|2:30 PM - 3:30 PM||Hands On: Particle Separator workshop|
|3:30 PM - 4:30 PM||Robustness Study on Separator (Hands-on session if time allows)|
This workshop is free, but registration is required. Please be sure to select your location when completing the provided form.